Today I’ve made a lot of progress on my thesis defense slides. It’s probably getting too big, but my strategy is to finish the slides, and then present it to myself to see how long it takes. Based on that I can cut or change some parts.

Additionally, I’ve worked a bit on this website. The search can now be filtered per section and tag. I added a search bar to the bookmarks page, which is probably where this feature is the most useful. Next step is to implement fuzzy search. In addition, I grouped the tags by the first character, and started normalizing the tags in case I don’t always type the same exact thing.

In other news, I’ve been making an active effort to unsubscribe from as most mailing lists and I can. It’s paying off: I’ve been receiving much less e-mails and, when I do, they actually matter. 5/5 would recommend.