Learning is the foundation of success in nearly every aspect of life.
- Turn learning into projects:
- Plan them!
- Set constraints (limits) on what to learn;
- Set aside enough time, make a schedule;
- Limit materials/resources and methods.
- Train focus and productivity:
- Eliminate distractions;
- Make a schedule;
- Progressively increase the focused amount of time.
- Learn actively, do exercises, relate to other subjects (holistic learning).
- Quicker, deeper and more accurate feedback cycles:
- See the solution after each exercise;
- Do the harder exercises first. Be deeper;
- Use more accurate resources and avoid repeating errors.
- Space out learning time:
- Frequently review things I’ve learned;
- Don’t study too much time in a row.
- Process deeply to retain more:
- Overlearning: learn beyond what’s necessary to master a skill to get better at it.
- Watch educational video at a 1.5x-2x the speed and practice afterwards.
- Use the Feynman Technique to learn difficult concepts:
- Choose the concept;
- Write an explanation as if it was for someone who doesn’t know anything about the subject;
- If I get stuck, get back to the books/resources and read;
- Simplify and make analogies.
Where to apply
- Use it on school to spend less time with each subject; be effective;
- Every aspect of life which needs learning something!