M.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering student at Eindhoven University of Technology and part-time Software Engineer at Protocol Labs. Interested in decentralized systems, web infrastructure, web systems, human-computer interaction and developing user-friendly services.
MSc Computer Science and Engineering [GPA: 8/10]
Eindhoven University of Technology [2020 - present]
- Member of Student Film & Photography Association Dekate Mousa.
- Member of the Website and PR Committees of Dekate Mousa.
BSc Information Systems and Computer Engineering [GPA: 16/20]
Instituto Superior Técnico [2017 - 2020]
- Volunteered as Student Mentor for 2 years.
- Awarded an Academic Merit Award in 1 year.
Protocol Labs is a research and development institution for improving the Internet technology through decentralized technologies. Founder of the InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) and Filecoin.
Software Engineer [part-time] [09/2019 - present]
- Developed Testground: a testing, benchmarking and simulating platform for decentralized and peer-to-peer systems at scale built in Go. Used all over the organization for testing many projects.
Open Source Scholarship [part-time] [11/2017 - 08/2019]
- Lead maintainer of IPFS Desktop: an unobtrusive and user-friendly desktop application for IPFS on Windows, Mac and Linux built using Electron. User base grew approximately 30% each month.
- Revamped and shipped IPFS Web UI: a React-based web application used as a front-end for IPFS.
- Designed and built Awesome IPFS: a compilation of the most fascinating projects, datasets, tools and other materials built using IPFS.
Student Teaching Assistant [part-time] [04/2022 - present]
- Assisted teaching for 1 quartile in a Deep Learning course.
Student Mentor [part-time] [09/2021 - 02/2022]
- Mentored 12 new master students from different nationalities during their first semester.
- Attended workshops about Intercultural Communication, Diversity, Culture and Inclusion.
Lead Software Developer Upframe [part-time] [09/2016 - 05/2018]
Upframe helps you find and connect with industry leaders that can give you startup advice and mentor you through the first steps of building a product.
- Built a REST API for managing email transactions, newsletters and enrolments in the program.
- Built a Slack bot to manage enrolments to the program, in Go.
- Built a backend which allowed to see who was at the office, to send emails and to manage newsletters.
- In the news: Eco, Startup Lisboa, Observador & Dinheiro Vivo.
Content Writer Pplware [part-time] [06/2013 - 09/2016]
Pplware is a the largest Portuguese technology website with over 100 000 daily visitors.
- Wrote over 400 tutorials, tech news and other articles on both Pplware and Pplware Kids.
- Published a 60 page e-book on how to program in C for beginners when I was 15 years old.
File Browser [code] [2015 - 2019]
- Go and Vue.js based software that allows anyone to self-host their own file hosting service.
- Over 10 million downloads through Docker and over 15 thousand stars on GitHub.
- Currently maintained by the community.
Open Source Projects [code] [2015 - present]
- Author and maintainer of some open source projects and free open source contributor.
- All code is freely available on GitHub and can be used by anyone.