I am a software engineer who cares about the web, decentralization, identity, user agency, and making impactful tools for developers and users. I currently work at Protocol Labs, making IPFS better.
Software Engineer - Protocol Labs [10/2022 - present]
- Maintaining large IPFS (decentralized and p2p file system) libraries, such as Kubo and Boxo.
Part-time Software Engineer - Protocol Labs [11/2017 - 09/2022]
- Revamped and maintained IPFS Desktop and IPFS Web UI, Electron and React applications.
- Co-authored Testground, a testing platform for decentralized and peer-to-peer systems in Go.
Student Teaching Assistant - Eindhoven University of Technology [09/2021 - 06/2022]
- Assisted teaching for 1 quartile in a Deep Learning course.
- Prepared materials, gave practical classes and helped students.
- Attended workshops about Intercultural Communication, Diversity, Culture and Inclusion.
- Mentored 12 new master students from different nationalities during their first semester.
Software Developer - Upframe [09/2016 - 05/2018]
- Built a REST API for managing email transactions, newsletters and program enrollments.
- Built a Slack bot to help manage program enrollments, in Go.
- Built a backend to see who is in-person at the office, send emails and manage newsletters.
Content Writer - Pplware [06/2013 - 09/2016]
- Wrote over 400 tutorials, tech news and other articles on both Pplware and Pplware Kids.
- Published a 60 page e-book on how to program in C for beginners when I was 15 years old.
MSc Computer Science and Engineering - Eindhoven University of Technology [2020 - 2022]
- Grade: 8 out of 10.
- Member of Student Film & Photography Association Dekate Mousa.
- Member of the Website and PR Committees of Dekate Mousa.
BSc Information Systems and Computer Engineering - Instituto Superior Técnico [2017 - 2020]
- Grade: 16 out of 20.
- Volunteered as Student Mentor for 2 years.
- Awarded an Academic Merit Award in 1 year.
Open Source Projects [code] [2015 - present]
- Author and maintainer of some open source projects and free open source contributor.
- All code is freely available on GitHub and can be used by anyone.
Personal Website [code] [2014 - present]
- Building and maintaining my statically-generated personal website since 2014, which currently receives over 10 thousand unique visitors per month.
- Built custom Go backend to experiment with different ideas over time, such as ActivityPub, Webmentions, Tailscale and other integrations with third party services, etc.
File Browser [code] [2015 - 2019]
- Go and Vue.js based software that allows anyone to self-host their own file hosting service.
- Over 50 million downloads through Docker and over 20 thousand stars on GitHub.
- Currently maintained by the community.