I am creating a new Micropub endpoint for my website and I read the specification. However, while testing the update action, something unexpected happened. The specification is not quite clear to whether we should deeply-traverse the update and update field by field, or solely replace the top-level keys.
For now, I’m not actually using it to post many of the images of the website, even though I could. However, I’m using it to store the webmentions author’s photos. They were being served directly by webmention.io but I think it’s better to serve them myself.
The media endpoint works well: it receives an object and stores it on BunnyCDN. However, I want to add some customization options such as resizings and compressions for images through query parameters, as well as some default ones so I don’t need to always specify them.
I just set up a media endpoint based on BunnyCDN, inspired by @jlelse's post. So far, it's working really well. For now, I'm not actually using it to post many of the images of the website, even though I could. However, I'm using it to store the webmentions author's photos. They were being served d…
Wouldn’t it be better to start where minutes or even hours are regularly wasted?
Yup, that was my conclusion and I’m really happy I ended up not wasting more time with whatever I was trying to do.
When I invest time in my own software projects, I use most of it to create new features that allow me to do new things. This morning, I invested a few hours in a feature that allows me to create posts with photos on my blog via an app from my smartphone.
That’s great! I actually have a big list of features and things I want to add to my own website. Will start working more on them after I finish my exams.
But what I haven’t done yet, and what I will do only when there is a more important reason to do so, is rewriting the software, which allows me to receive HTML forms via email, from NodeJS to Go.
I love Go but I ended up picking Node.js for the micropub endpoint and all the API that is running on the back of my website just because it was easier to deal with… for now.
Replied to a post on jlelse.blog