A few weeks ago I talked about being undecided whether or not to accept my MSc offer at TU/e. In the meanwhile, I’ve decided to do so. In the meanwhile, it was revealed today that Dutch universities are planning to to keep online teaching up until February 2021 which is a bit of a bummer. Moving to a different country just to stay in a house for a few months until I can finally get out doesn’t seem to be the best experience ever, nor would I get any of the benefits from an international degree. Let’s see what’s gonna happen on the next months. For now, I’m accepting the offer.
In August, I’m supposed to start a new adventure: I’ve been applying for a few Universities to do my Masters degree in Computer Science somewhere else other than in Portugal. I’ve received some rejections and some acceptances and I’m tempted to choose studying the next two years at TU Eindhoven. However, Covid-19 has just put me in a position where I’d never thought to be.
First of all, I’m feeling that I’ll never return to Lisbon which, I know, is childish. But that’s a feeling I’ve had since the moment I left the apartment where I’m living in Lisbon. Secondly, we don’t know what’s going to happen: is the exam season going to be delayed? Are we having more exams to compensate the professors that didn’t find an alternative evaluation method? I’m pretty sure I’m not going to have any more physical classes until the end of the semester so that’s not what worries me most.
Other than that, looking at Netherland’s strategy to fight this new virus, I don’t agree with it (group immunity… hundreds of people are dying there and there are barely anyone recovered) which may be showcasing how bad their healthcare system is? I don’t know because, obviously, I’m not there.
I don’t know… I just feel I should not go. Let’s wait and see what happens and if my mind changes or settles in some solid idea.