On this talk by the creator on NPM, Isaac Schlueter, he focus on the leadership in the open source communities. Some key points:
- Being persistent is important.
- Great leaders come up through natural growth and communication with community.
- If something goes wrong:
- think about what to do in the future to avoid the same problem; and
- own and take responsibility for it.
- Leadership involves making constant improvements and corrections over time.
- When thinking about something, don’t look at your past self, look at the present.
- Don’t care about looking foolish. It will happen.
- Help the others.
- “Empathy is a core engineering value”
Or if you don't know what a response is, you can always write a webmention comment (you don't need to know what that is).