Comparatively to his other talk, this one is much better in my opinion. Not forgetting that Mikeal’s the Community Manager of the Node.js Foundation, here are some key aspects he mentioned:
- Node.js is the fastest growing open source platform in the world.
- Full Stack isn’t just front-end and back-end anymore and it needs innumerous skills:
- web front-end;
- phones and tablets;
- API services;
- IoT devices;
- cloud backend;
- Node.js can work with all of the previously mentioned platforms.
- Front-end development is much different now than it was in 2010.
- API usage has been increasing dramatically over the last years.
- Node.js is very efficient with microservices.